This College & Career Readiness website and services assists students and parents in their preparation for post-secondary plans and the stress that comes with the overwhelming amount of information to consider. Whether students are planning to choose college or a career, this website and services are available to assist students to chart their course through, middle school, high school, and beyond.
Freshmen should focus on the following the first year of high school:
- consideration of Pre-AP level courses
- review of Foundation Graduation Plan with Endorsement [Texas]
- Standardized Assessments
- be prepared for the English I, Algebra I, and Biology EOC assessments [Texas]
- Understand Class Rank, Grade Point Average [GPA] District Policies
- research the process of calculating GPA and Class Rank in your school
- College and Career Search
- Research the admission requirements for the institutions you are interested
- important to understand interests and how they affect future career goals
- Participate in clubs and organizations and seek volunteer activities
- resume should include activities, leadership, and community service
This College & Career Readiness website and services can assist students and parents through this process. We offer weekly and monthly information to one-on-one conversation with students and their parents that help answer many questions and concerns.